Monday, May 5, 2008

5.5.08

Steve is doing well this morning. At a little after 11, he was in his chair already. His physical therapists should be in soon to exercise his legs and maybe get him out of his room a little. There is a chance that he will be moved out of ICU this week--but we aren't sure yet.

Steve had a fever of 103 yesterday afternoon when they moved him back into bed from his chair. They believe this was due to dehydration--so I expect that this won't happen again.

Before I left, Steve thanked me for coming, and said that it helped a lot. I'm sure that is true for everyone who comes to visit with him. Uncle Joe and Deb are still with him today. And Courtney and Jim and April are due to see him towards the end of the week. Once Steve is out of ICU and has clearance to go outside, visits will be so much easier. Then I expect there to be little caravans of friends direct from Huntsville. In fact, they might need to make that roadway over the mountain a major highway to facilitate a faster drive, right?

(PS--It's not my modem, it's the construction taking place next to my house, the cut our cable cord. Hopefully, by sometime tomorrow, I will be back online and have more regular posts again.)