Sunday, May 4, 2008

5.3.08

Hi all! I am so sorry for the delay in my posts. Yesterday morning, I selfishly wanted to soak up as much time with Steve as I could before my flight, so I didn't write a morning post. Then when I got home last night, I learned that our modem was burned out and I didn't have online access! It was terrible. So, I apologize that I didn't get to update everyone yesterday, so here it is....

Steve had a good day yesterday. He did not have a fever and felt only a little cold. He was in bed when I left for the airport at 2, but they were getting him into his chair then. He was in his chair for about four hours and during that time, he had a visit from Alan aka Boss. This is Jeremy and Jason's dad, who is also like a second dad to Steve. He talked and talked, keeping Steven entertained and informed about the goings-on at home.

Uncle Joe and Debbie flew in this morning and they are with him now. A little later, Jeremy, Melissa, Johnny and Kristen are due to visit with him. I know that this infusion of friends and family will help lift his spirits.

Steve is still on his cycle of antibiotics and will be for a few more weeks. His trach is healing nicely. We are just hoping that he can keep the fevers at bay so he can continue to avoid the severe discomfort that he had a few days ago.

I'm going to try and get another post up soon, but if I don't, it's only b/c I haven't been able to get online again today. Sorry everyone!