Friday, May 23, 2008

5.23.08

Steve continued to have a difficult time today. First, this morning he had issues with his blood pressure, and then later with his head profusely sweating. Also, he's been falling asleep in the late afternoon and then he doesn't sleep through the night. He told MaryAnn "Don't let me sleep," so she was doing her best to keep him awake today. She said that she was reading him the blogs and it really helped him. So a huge thank you to everyone!

He's resting comfortably right now. April, Kris, Ashley and her sister Sarah are there with him.

And I know you are not going to believe what I am about to tell you, but Joe and MaryAnn had a bag stolen from them. It was either taken from the hotel or, Joe thinks, from his truck in the parking garage at the Shepherd Center. In the bag? Their check book, insurance paperwork for Steven, Steve's cell phone, the specs for Steve's euipment, Joe's work stuff and his watch. I told you that you weren't going to believe it. It's really hard for me to reach deep within myself and find a place that could even conceive of forgiving whoever did this to them.

However, I refuse to end a post on that note. So I will simply focus on all of you who are pitching in to help Joe with the work and renovations on the house. It sounds like he's really got things underway. Thanks for the help with the electrical work, the generator, the renovation itself, the plumbing, the storage help. Thank you. It's amazing and inspiring.