Saturday, May 31, 2008

5.31.08 Blogging Bedside



Hi everyone. Sorry for posting so late in the day. It's just tough cause I don't want my face in the computer when I could be with Steve, ya know?

Steve drove his chair outside for a little while this morning. He really is remarkable working the chair with the sip and puff. Although it's frustrating since his vision is still poor. The problem is that they don't have an optomologist on staff who can examine him for a new prescription. And he has little to no vision in his one eye.

Late this afternoon he started to not feel well, so he got back into bed around 3:30. He then fell asleep and he just woke up.

This morning I got the read all of your comments to Steve, so thank you, thank you.... they really mean so much to him. His link to the outside. Please, keep them coming everyone.
Kris got here early this morning, and here is a photo I got to snap of them outside. I'm sorry that Steve's eyes are closed in the photo of him in the gym. But at least you get to see him on the bike. This particular bike is not for muscular development, but to help with spasms. Eventually, he will likely use the bike where they will connect electrodes to his legs and that bike will engage his muscles. One day at a time. Did I mention that he was in the chair for a whopping eight hours yesterday? Awesome.

OK, I'm getting back to the kid. Thanks for reading.