Monday, May 26, 2008

5.26.08

Steve went outside today for the first time in two months! He sat under a shady tree with Kris, April and MaryAnn. After about 20 minutes, it got too hot and they went back in. Steve fell asleep and slept for most of the afternoon. When I last spoke to MaryAnn, Alan and Virginia were just arriving.

So far, Steve continues to be stable. I get nervous writing that because I don't want to jinx anything. But fingers crossed, we are moving forward from here. One day at a time.

Joe is making tremendous progress getting the house ready for the renovations. Jeremy, Jason and Johnny were over today helping out and of course Steve Willet, Joe's buddy, has been on hand constantly. The Shepherd Center gave Steven a tentative release date of June 18. This means the house has to be ready for him to return home. The builder is coming tomorrow to meet with Joe.

Courtney emaileed me a few days ago (sorry folks, I hadn't checked my email) and the first batch of T-shirts are in! This was the order for folks in Alabama, so if you ordered one, please contact her so that you can pick it up! And thank you, thank you!

Finally, today was MaryAnn and Joe's 29th wedding anniversary! I've long admired the strength, love and friendship within their relationship. Thanks for being such a great example for me guys. I love you, xo.