Wednesday, June 4, 2008

6.4.08

Hey all. I have to be brief. I just bugged some eight-year-old to give me computer time in the family room here so that I could get one more post in before I leave.

Steve had his outing to Best Buy today. It went really well. Steve went with two other patients on trachs. The van ride was a little bumpy, but it all went smoothly. Steve was able to pick up some new albums, Three Doors Down, Kid Rock and the Foo Fighters. I am a little bummed we won't be able to listen to the new Foo together. Truth is I am just sad to be leaving. Saying goodbye to Steve is so, so hard, as some of you are very aware.

Steve slept really well last night I am so happy to say. He has his swallow test in under an hour. I have to shove off for the airport at 2. And I have a connection, so I won't be back in NY til late. I'll give you all an update as soon as I can.