Saturday, June 14, 2008

6.14.08

Steve had a good day yesterday. In the morning, he had one last visit from Courtney, Jim and Bubby. Word on the street is that Bubby did a little jig, which earned a Steve-O smile. Sorry to out you Bubby, but good work.

This morning Steve had another scary episode when his trach became clogged again and he wasn't getting enough oxygen. These are truly terrifying moments. And this is why it will be necessary for someone to be close to Steve 24 hours a day once he's home.

Lex was in and showed Steve and the crew a video of a wrestling match where he was wearing hot pink pants. Ah, the 80s. Ah spandex. I'm sure that made Steve smile too.

So to recap, if you want to make Steve smile, do a jig or wear fuschia tights. And if you do both, well then it would be clear that you really, REALLY love Steve.

As for the benefit in Huntsville, Kris said that it is a sea of green Steve-O shirts. A phenomenal turnout, over 50 cars including two fire trucks and my fathers old, much-beloved 1989 Caprice Classic wagon (which my dad gave to Steve, pretty much as a toy. who knew it would become legendary), two bouncy houses, a Coca-Cola refreshment trailer, etc. etc. The yard sale alone raised $1,900 so far! (Thanks Jennie!)

Massive worldwide hugs and thanks from MaryAnn, Joe, Kris and Steve to Jeremy and Jason for putting this car show together. I know they are feeling the love. Kris is going to email me some photos later and I will include them on my next post. Oh, and thank you to every single person who attended the event today. I am moved to tears by the generosity and I'm so grateful that Steven is the recipient of so much love and goodwill.