Tuesday, June 10, 2008

6.10.08

Steve had a fever last night and this morning--102. He was taken off of an antibiotic that the infectious disease doctor wanted for him to remain on, so now he is getting it again. Hopefully that will nip this fever. His temp is currently 100, and he's in bed for today. He'll have to give that bike a whirl tomorrow.

So Steve's leave date from Shepherd Center has indeed been moved to July 2. He said that this is good since it will give the house crew more time to get it all done (Thanks guys).

I have to say that I am thrilled by the enthusiastic response to the van offer. The date is flexible, whenever is best for you guys. I am wondering if someone there could be the point person. Jennie, I think I have your email, would it be ok with you if we were to coordinate? You could round up the crew on your end, and I could communicate with Uncle Joe about logistics so that we can make sure everything is covered. Cool?

The Atlanta newspaper is doing a story on Lex Luger, and took a photo of Steve with Lex today. Gotta love the Lex. He always makes Steve smile. He's a riot. I assume the paper will be available online, so if you remember, check that out this weekend.

Finally, I want to remind everyone about the Steve Collins benefit event in Huntsville this weekend. (This includes the yard sale right? if so, it's clear that a boy made this flyer. A girl would never leave off the yard sale!) I couldn't post the flyer, so here is a link to it. Massive hugs and thanks to EVERYONE who had a hand in this.

http://flipbit.com/collins/SteveFlyer.pdf

And of course, thank you to Jimmy who posted a comment and everyone else who is raising money for Steve with the Swim Around Key West on June 22. That's a 12.5 mile swim! If you'd like to make a contribution to Jim's swim, his email is jsingelyn@gmail.com.

http://www.fkccswimaroundkeywest.com/

I am overusing the phrase Thank you in this post, I know. So I will say that I deeply appreciate the response to my request for posts. Muchos gracias my friend.