Monday, August 18, 2008

8.18.08

Steve's doing okay, a little bored maybe, but okay otherwise. The sinus infection gave him a lot of fluids over the weekend, so he needed to be suctioned a lot, but hopefully, it's almost out of his system.

The jeep is at the house; it has been for a couple of weeks now. Steve had asked for it to be brought there, and Jeremy drove it past the window so that Steve could see it. Steven loves that jeep, no question. When we were down there, Steve told Uncle Joe to go out and start it up (he really wanted for Uncle Joe to see the engine he had put into it). I heard it revving from upstairs. Since my Dad has been there and is not one for sitting still, Steve suggested that he wash the jeep, which my Dad did, top to bottom.

I updated my profile to include my book suggestions, but unfortunately, the format of that window automatically turns everything into a link (as in, it's in blue and underlined). I would add that text into my profile, but there is a limit on the word count. I just wanted to let you know why it looks so funky in case you check.

One thing that I've been meaning to mention is that in the Christopher Reeve book that I recommended, he says that he had 17 full-time staffers. Same injury as Steve: 17 people helping out. How's that for perspective. And on that note, MaryAnn could use a hand creating an inventory list of Steve's medical supplies from someone who can swing by the house to do it. I only mention that in case anyone reading this is a whiz at excel, has a mind for organization, and a little time on their hands. That was something we had hoped to tackle while I was there, but we were just so busy with other stuff.

I should know later today or tomorrow the total of the Enterprise funds. We'll keep a continuous drum roll until then....