Monday, August 11, 2008

8.11.08

I have not had a chance to be on a computer since I returned on Thursday, and I apologize for not updating everyone sooner. The night before I left we watched a few old home movies (thanks April). After watching some embarrassing footage of me circa 1990, I realized that between that and the Rambo movie, Steve definitely takes a little delight watching me squirming in my seat. Seriously. That fact was only reinforced at another moment when I thought that Steve was going to fall forward in his chair, and I reacted by calling MaryAnn repeatedly. Once Steve stopped the tilt on his chair, I looked and him and he was smiling, definitely at my panicked response. I am telling you, he loves to watch me squirm. No wonder why he wanted to watch the other Rambo movies. We had hoped to watch the first in the series, but time got away from us as it often does during visits. So, I'm thinking that on my next trip down, we should have a girlie Rambo viewing. If we multiply my squeamishness by a room full of girls-- that just might make his night.

Steve had an okay day today. My parents arrived on Saturday, so I'm sure he's been amused watching my Dad dart about. Yesterday he had a slight fever, and some leg pain but thankfully he was feeling better today. Since the temp has dropped some, he's had a opportunity to get out into the driveway and practice driving his chair on a few nights.

I have some photos of Steve and his new place to upload once I am back home. Well, tomorrow is movie night. I know the need for furniture to seat all you boys is real. They're working on it. Hope you guys all have fun and I'll be back as soon as I can. Again I apologize because my computer time this month is really limited. Sorry all!